It’s back-to-school time in Tennessee! And while nothing looks back-to-normal this year, there are some things that never change…it’s still 100 degrees in August, there’s unending construction on I-24, and kids’ teeth are always on the move. As parents settle into the school year (whether in person or online), I usually get an uptick in questions about when to first come see us and what to expect at that first visit.
Rest assured that at SCO you and your family’s safety is our top priority. We know that this year has put us in a different position than we ever imagined. Upon walking into our office, know that you are in a safe environment. In fact, we’ve implemented more precautions than ever before as we continue to follow all ADA and OSHA guidelines.
- Appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- You will be asked pre-screening questions on the phone when scheduling your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth before your appointment as our tooth-brush station is closed, and you don’t want to wait to find that out when you’ve eaten Oreos before walking in!
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please wait in your car and text the office at (423) 855-4201 to let us know you’ve arrived. You will receive a text back saying we have checked you in and with the same screening questions as before. For our records, you must reply back to this text with a “Yes” or “No.”
- A smiling-under-the-mask team member will greet you at the door to take your temperature before entering the office, direct you to hand sanitizer and will then escort you directly to one of our consultation offices.
- Temporarily, our lobby and gaming stations are closed.
- You will then be escorted back to the front door and given a virtual high five, thumbs up and/or jazz hands.
This initial appointment will consist of complimentary records (photos and X-rays), taken by one of our experienced records technicians with our state-of-the-art X-ray machine. You will then meet with one of our talented treatment coordinators, along with myself or Dr. Jennifer, and we will perform a thorough exam and discuss potential treatment options.
This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so if myself or Dr. Jennifer recommend treatment we can go ahead and get you started that same day! Our knowledgeable financial team will lead through the fee process – finding the right plan for you and your family.
We know that during these trying times of COVID-19, an in-person consultation might not be the best option for you. That’s okay! Our team is fully committed to giving you your dream smile, no matter what! At the bottom left-hand corner of our website you will find where you can schedule a virtual appointment with us. It’s that easy!
No matter whether we’re getting to elbow bump you in person or waving hi through a screen, my whole team can’t wait to make your smile happen here!