We know this season is still an uncertain time for many of our patients and their families. We are doing our part to ensure the safety and health of everyone who walks through our doors. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
Here is what SCO is implementing:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments for the near future.
- You will be asked pre-screening questions on the phone when scheduling your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth before your appointment as our tooth-brush station is closed for the time being.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please wait in your car and text the office at (423) 855-4201 to let us know you’ve arrived. You will receive a text back saying we have checked you in and with the same screening questions as before. For our records, you must reply back to this text with a “Yes” or “No.”
- If possible, we ask that you, the patient, comes in alone. If you are the guardian of the patient and have others with you, please remain in your car with them. All companions will be subject to screening as well and will be given a mask to wear.
- A smiling-under-the-mask team member will greet you at the door to take your temperature before entering the office, direct you to hand sanitizer and will then escort you directly to your chair in the clinic.
- Temporarily, our lobby and gaming stations are closed.
- At the conclusion of a minor’s appointment, the guardian will be contacted to summarize appointment details and schedule the patient’s next visit.
- You will then be escorted back to the front door and given a virtual high five.